Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Some more Idaho 6/18/15-6/23/15

Just wanted to post some more things about our current visit in Idaho with Jamie's family. First I'll break down the family for you, you know, who is who. It's a bit overwhelming for me as I am an only child and basically grew up in a completely silent house...my mom and stepfather used to watch TV with the sound off LOL. I'm used to a lot of alone time, but being overwhelmed is worth it to be accepted by Jamie's wonderful family!!

So here they are (don't have pictures of each person, sorry.)
Michelle (Jamie's sister) and her husband Cliff.
the kids (they aren't really kids anymore lol)
Chris and his girlfriend Alex and his three girls: Brittany, Morgan and Chloe
Will and Allie with there son Nixon
Stephanie (that I only briefly met and haven't had chance to really get to talk to)
Taylor

Here's two videos of the girls doing the song from Pitch Perfect


Sorry about the video starting out "crooked." I promise I turn the camera LOL. Hey, I'm a scrapbooker, not a videographer!!

and here's a video of sweet little Nixon getting to ride in the wagon while his daddy (Will) pulls it around the yard with the lawn tractor
This was during our cookout for Father's day on the 20th.

Speaking of the Father's Day cookout...wow...tons of food and such a good time. Water balloon fights, fireworks, a small grass fire (put out with the hose that was at the ready near by.) 
I wish I had gotten more pictures, but I was busy having fun and yes, eating. There were hamburgers, salmon burgers, brats (yes, I made those lol) chicken; pasta salad, potato salad, 
chips and I think like 3 different types of dip. There was a HUGE chocolate cake and I made the "Better than Anything Cake" which disappeared as soon as I brought it out. I think I gained five pounds that day  alone!! 

It was an awesome day out and everyone had fun. It was nice to be part of a group/family like that again. Growing up in GA it was just my mom, stepdad and me. All my family was always in WI (and whoever wasn't in WI is spread out all over the country.) Anyway, it was awesome!!

Jamie started a patio for Michelle the last time he was here...he, Cliff and Will worked on it a bit before the cook out and yesterday they started working on it again.

He likes playing with his bucket and shovel!!! LOL!! Just kidding. I'll try to remember to get a picture of it finished so I can post it in another blog post.

Well, I'm off to find some more fun!! Won't be too difficult to do here!! (The house isn't as full today as some were only here for the weekend.)

Happy travels and enjoy your journey!
LeighAnn & Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment